Who We Are
The Refuge at Jumper Creek provides emergency and transitional housing with supportive services such as mentoring and life skills education for those experiencing homelessness or those who are at risk of homelessness. Nurtured by Christian principles and precepts, residents are prepared with the skills needed to smoothly transition into the community of their choice as a productive, independent member of society.
Who We Serve
We serve clients from all walks-of-life living in extremely different situations, including but not limited to:
- Families who have lost their homes due to foreclosure
- Single mothers and their children
- Single fathers and their children
- Individuals and couples who are in financial crises
- Anyone in need of help finding shelter
While most of our residents come from Sumter, Citrus, Lake and Hernando counties, we assist those from throughout Florida.
The Refuge is one of the only homeless center in the Central Florida counties where families can live as a family unit while working towards self-sufficiency. Our First Family is shown here (above on right).
Our Core Values
- We believe everyone deserves an opportunity for a home
- We believe in the strength derived through Christian principles
- We believe in mutual respect and acceptance
- We believe in self-sufficiency and that each individual can change the direction of his or her life
- We believe transitional housing is a critical first step in healing those struggling with substance abuse, emotional/mental health issues and other chronic problems.
- We believe supportive services provided in transitional housing are a crucial component of an individual’s life recovery and successful integration into a productive society.